Reaping the Harvest
We aim to provide a comprehensive, academic and practical course for those who wish to become fully competent catechists. All you need is a love of the Catholic Faith, a desire to pass on that faith with a good foundation of knowledge and an ability to undertake the study.
The Course consists of 24 Test Papers, plus an Examination Paper. This is a correspondence Course and students will work from home. The course is divided into three parts, The Old Testament, The New Testament and The Church and there are Eight Papers for each part. Every student is allocated their own personal Tutor who will mark the papers and be available for advice. We encourage students to work on-line but the option is available, for those students who prefer, to use the postal service. An External Examiner will mark and comment on your final Examination Paper which is also completed in your own home.
Why do this course?
This is an exciting course to study – you will write Essays, create Lesson Plans, read New Books, stretch your abilities and imagination and more importantly deepen your own faith and love of God. Our hope is that students who successfully complete the course will be in a position to teach others and assist them in their desire to reach a deeper understanding of the Catholic Faith and how to live life to its fullest as a child of God.
To find out more:
- Click here to view a detailed synopsis of the diploma course. You can also download it in Word or PDF format.
- You can find out more about the work you will need to complete on this course, and how it will be assessed here.
- The total cost of the course is £75, which is broken down into three payments of £25 per unit.
- View the course from the perspective of one of our former students here.
- Contact the Diploma Course Registrar for further information using the link below.
Apply to do this course
- Before you can do this course, you need to talk to your priest and get his approval and cooperation, as you will be involved in a catechetical role in your parish.
- You can download the application form in Microsoft Word or PDF format, but it will need to be signed by your priest and returned to the Registrar, whose contact details are on the form.